- McSweeny Cultural Fair
- 4/21/2017, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Reserved: 05/18/2016 - J. Scott
The cultural fair is fast approaching. It will be held on April 21st here at the school from 5-8pm. Every year we display Presentation Boards representing a culture, country, flag, state etc. in our library. The presentation boards is a report sharing with the community, information on countries and customs. We also have performers that perform on stage and we would like to keep the grade level element this year that celebrates cultures around the world through a DOOR CONTEST! Classroom doors will remain locked, however the celebration will be in your wing too. We would like to discuss the idea this year of wing activities that will be ran by student council, parent volunteers or grade level representatives. The idea of the activities is to promote a culture.The sky is the limit as we begin to plan. So bring on the ideas or join or little committee :)
For planning purposes, your grade level and class can choose one or more of the following opportunities:
1) Create a classroom banner (minimum length 6 ft. - butcher paper) This banner will have drawings and/or pictures of our world, flags, history, social studies, cultural variety or a central topic. These banners will decorate the multi purpose room, entry doors or grade level wings the day of the event.
2) Extend a cultural learning opportunity for your class or individual student by creating a cultural activity booth (these will be ran by parents or a grade level representative, your class would just need to set it up)
3) Decide on setting up a grade level booth at our cultural fair INSIDE YOUR WING. This could be a game booth, craft booth etc. the sky is the limit. All proceeds from your booth or booths will go back to your grade level to meet grade level goals.
4) Encourage participation in the cultural fair by inviting families of your students to share something at the fair. (IE: Dance, artifacts to display, cultural story telling etc.) Some of our families may have native American connections, etc. to display or may want to perform for our school)
5) Sign up for a food booth (first to respond is the first to benefit)! All sales will go back to your grade level for coordinating the booth.
Here are a list of food booths that your grade level could benefit from:
Popcorn / Water 1st Grade
Nachos 4th Grade
Snack Cart and sodas
Cotton candy Kindergarten
Please let us know how you would like to participate. This event ties into our ATP goals that we identified at the beginning of that committee. Please don't hesitate to ask for help or ideas through Mr. Blanchard, Mrs. DePriest, myself, and Elena. Please email me your suggestions of what you would like to see or do for our cultural event. This is the largest fundraiser and family event of the year. So the more culturally fun for the families the better! Let the planning process begin :)
Schedule of Events:
6:00 - 6:30 Spanish Dancers