The Hemet Unified School District Academic Honor Roll is recognition and acknowledgement of the efforts of students who have maintained their performance in the standards-based system at high levels of achievement.
The Academic Honor Roll ceremonies each May recognizes fourth and fifth grade students for their outstanding academic achievement.
The requirements incorporate district, state, and federal expectations for student performance expectations. The following requirements for the Academic Honor roll were approved by the Hemet Unified School District Governing Board on March 17, 2015:
Students must meet both requirements listed below during the first and second trimester:
- NWEA Measures of Academic Progress Assessment (MAP)
- Students must have a combined 3.5 G.P.A. or greater in five academic areas: reading, math, written/oral communications,
- social science, and science.
- Standards-based Report Card Performance:
- Students must have a combined 3.5 Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) or above in five academic areas: Reading, Mathematics, Written/Oral Communications, Social Science, and Science.
- Students receiving a rating of "4" in all five areas receive a G.P.A. of 4.0
- Students receiving a rating of "4" in four areas and a rating of "3" in one area receive a 3.8 G.P.A.
- Students receiving a rating of "4" in three areas and a rating of "3" in two areas receive a 3.6 G.P.A.