The Centralized Student Services Center is where all students new or returning from another district to Hemet Unified School District register to attend school. The Central Registration Office in the CSSC will be the first point of contact and will help ensure your registration process is easy and convenient. Before making the trip to the CSSC, be sure you have met the Registration Requirements - see below.
2019-20 Kindergarten Registration begins January 2, 2019. Registration for the 2019-20 school year for grades 1-12 begins on May 17, 2019. All registration forms may be found on the Forms page.
Before a student may attend a Hemet Unified School District school, the registration process must be completed. The following requirements must be met:
- Transitional Kindergarten: - 2 year program - a child's birth date must fall between September 2 and December 2 of the year they enter school
- Kindergarten: a child must be 5 years old by September 1 of the year they enter school
Verification of Parent/Guardian Identity
Any one of the following items (with picture) is acceptable verification of identity:
- Current Driver’s License
- California Identification Card
- Bank Identification Card
- Company/Work Identification
Birth Date Verification
Verification of birth date must be provided. The following documents qualify as verification:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate Duly Attested
- Hospital Birth Record
- Adoption/Foster Care Records
Evidence of Residency
One form of verification of residency must be provided. The following items will serve as verification:
- Current Mortgage Verification Showing Residence Address
- Current Utility Bill (electric, gas, water)
- Current Lease or Rental Agreement
- Final Escrow Papers Showing Current Address
- Property Tax Bill Showing Current Address
Verification of Immunizations
Proof of the following immunizations must be provided and proper intervals between doses must be observed, or additional immunizations will be required. Minimum immunization requirements are:
- Polio(OPV/IPV) - 4 Doses (3 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Diphtheria Tetanus & Pertussis(DTap, DTP, or DT) - 5 doses (4 doses OK if one was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Measles or Rubeola, Mumps & Rubella (MMR): 2 doses, both given on or after 1st birthday
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses
- Varicella (chicken pox): 2 doses
- TDap: 1 Dose (Required for 7th-12th Grade Students)
Students enrolling for kindergarten and first grade must show proof of physical examination. A copy of the physical exam, showing blood, urine, vision and audiometric testing is required. Physical forms may be obtained through CSSC to take to your health care provider or your pediatrician or family doctor may have the form available.
- The exam for kindergarten must be dated no earlier than 6 months prior to the first day of attendance at school and at the time of the exam, the child must be at least 4 years and 3 months old.
- To enroll in first grade, the exam must have been given within 18 months prior to the first day of attendance at school.
Oral Health Assessment
Students enrolling for the first time in public school, in kindergarten or first grade are to have a dental check-up by May 31st of the first school year. An evaluation within 12 months prior to school entry will meet this requirement.
Oral health education materials and the assessment form to be completed by a licensed dental professional will be provided to parents who are registering their children for public school for the first time, in either kindergarten or first grade.