Hemet Unified School District serves a diverse student population. In accordance with state guidelines, Hemet Unified School District has implemented programs for English Learners in order to provide them with access to the District’s core curriculum. The District-wide Plan for English Learners focuses on all students of diverse language backgrounds and their needs. High expectations for all students ensure that academic success is achieved. The District-wide Plan addresses the identification, program design, curriculum, staffing, instructional materials, and parent training opportunities.
The following goals have been established to ensure academic achievement and progress for English learners:To develop English fluency of English Language Learners (ELL) as effectively and rapidly as possible.
- To develop English fluency of English Language Learners (ELL) as effectively and rapidly as possible.
- To implement an instructional program that will provide students with English proficiency, academic skills and cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- To implement effective procedures for continuous identification, assessment, and placement of students whose primary language is other than English.
- To provide equal opportunity for academic achievement.
- To implement procedures and guidelines for the redesignation of students from English Language Learner (ELL) to Fluent English Proficient (FEP) as rapidly as possible.
- To provide staff development to empower teachers with the necessary skills to meet the linguistic, cognitive and affective needs of the English learners.
- To provide for and encourage the active involvement of parents and the community in the planning and implementation of the program for English learners.
2016-2017 District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) meeting dates:
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016
- Wednesday, November 9, 2016
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017
The DELAC meeting take place in the Professional Development Service Center located at 1791 W. Acacia Avenue, Hemet, in the Educational Services conference room 304 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Reuniones del Comite Consejero del Distrito para los Estudiantes Aprendices de Ingles (DELAC) :
- miercoles, 14 de septiembre del 2016
- miercoles, 9 de noviembre del 2016
- miercoles, 8 de febrero del 2017
- miercoles, 12 de abril del 2017
Las reuniones tomaran a cabo en el salon de conferencia no. 304 de 6:00 pm a 8:00 pm en el Professional Development Service Center, ubicado en el 1791 W. Acacia Avenue en Hemet.