AB 490 - School Stability for Foster Youth
- Foster Youth are able to determine their school of origin and are to be given preference in attending their school of origin.
- All LEA’s must have a designated Educational Liaison.
- Enrollment must be granted regadless of lack of appropriate documentation.
- LEA’s must provide records within 2 days
- Enrollment can not be denied due to unpaid fines or missing textbooks
- Foster Youth must be given equal opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities.