2016 Site Kitchen Upgrade Project
The Project consists of the construction of new exterior cold storage enclosures at Bautista Creek Elementary and Fruitvale Elementary.
2016 Valle Vista Exchange Club Park
Hemet Unified School District has entered into a joint venture with the County of Riverside and Valley Wide Recreation and Park District for the Construction of a Multi-Purpose Community Park Site.
The project includes a preschool and infant-toddler center, a community park designed and built by Valley Wide Recreation and Park District and a community parking lot.
Riverside County has donated the 8.8 acres located at the Southwest corner of Mayberry Avenue and Fairview Avenue in the Valle Vista Community and is donating the construction of the street improvements for the project.
Hemet Unified School District sought a grant from First Five for the construction of a preschool facility including classrooms, playground and offices.
Valley Wide Recreation and Park District is currently seeking funding for the park portion of the project. There are currently several prospective designs on the drawing board for the park portion of the project. The parking lot will be accessible to the preschool and the public park, as well as intended to reduce the street parking on Mayberry Avenue.
The County will be constructing the street improvements this summer with the preschool following after. Projected opening date for the preschool is August of 2017.
A Red Ribbon Ceremony was held on August 2, 2016. Tom Wilson - representative of Assemblyman Chad Mayes was in attendance, along with Chuck Washington - 3rd District Supervisor Riverside County Board of Supervisors, Matthew Duarte - President of Valley-Wide Recreation and Park District Board of Directors, Hemet Unified School District's Governing Board Members - Jim Smith and Patrick Searl, Superintendent Christi Barrett and Administration Staff. The Hemet Harmonizers performed the National Anthem.
2015 Hemet Elementary
Please click the "Hemet Elementary School Reconstruction Project" tab to the right for details.
Acacia Middle School Modernization project - completed 2015
- New 4,775 sq ft Administration Building was constructed.
- New 11,000 sq ft Gymnasium and Locker Rooms.
- 30,000 sq ft of existing classrooms remodeled.
- Four new computer labs constructed with (42) work stations each.
- Science rooms were equipped with gas, water, air supplies and a fume hood.
- 25 existing relocatable classrooms were remodeled and relocated.
- LCD projectors installed into classrooms.
- A new restroom building was constructed and two existing restrooms were remodeled.
- A jogging track, ten basketball courts, two bike storage areas, and three ball walls were constructed.
- Entire utility back bone was upgraded.
- New storm drains were installed.
- New data, phone and fire alarm pathways installed.
- Two existing parking lots were re-configured along with new perimeter fencing and gates.
- CCTV Security Cameras installed throughout campus.
- A carport solar system was installed in parking lot offsetting 82% of the campus daily electrical demands.
Hemet High School Modernization - completed 2012
New Administration Building
New Swimming Pool and Modernized Locker Room
New Weight Room
New Track and Scoreboard
New Theater with Orchestra Pit and Cover
New 2-Story Classroom Building
New 2-Story Science Building